пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

bill clinton coretta king scott speech




Got up early, read my emails etc, checked on the room number and time for my first midterm of the year, and sat down to study. Somewhere in the course of the day, I got the room number and time mixed up in my brain, and I realized my error about 8 minutes after the test started. Unfortunately, I was over 20 blocks away, and without my bike.

Hopped a lucky bus, tore up to my office to collect my calculator (how I love you TI-89), and burst into the room roughly 27 minutes late. I had just over an hour to complete the entire 90-minute exam.

now, I test fast. really fast--I always have. But I have never set fire to a piece of paper like I did yesterday afternoon. In the end, I had something written on every page, and a reasonable belief that most of it approached correctness... But I was so amped up on adrenaline that I couldnapos;t sit still or speak at a normal rate... So when my two close friends and I went for mexican food, it was mexican martinis all around.

after dinner we went to get a pitcher of�beer, and�when Britain�steps to the menapos;s room�Jaime and I (Jaime being a classically adorable blonde girl who is ALWAYS offered drinks) were offered saki bombs by the strangers next to us at the bar. We politely decline and argue about texting etiquette. Someone has a brilliant idea about bowling (it might even have been me) and so we trek north to the alley, where I throw some miserable rocks (Iapos;m a terrible though enthusiastic bowler) for a couple of hours... I ceased drinking long before, but I laugh at my friends as they argue over who is taking advantage of whom when Britain buys Jaime a shot of tequila. It was good to be out with both of them at once--this has not happened since summer, and we were inseperable last year... Itapos;s a bit strange. Then I came home to my lonely (and cold) bed, and woke up way too early this morning slightly grumpy and dehydrated.

I do not want to go to school today. Unfortunately, I am already here. Things can only get, better, right? at least I can do some yoga later.
bill clinton coretta king scott speech.



Комментариев нет: